About Hawkes Bay
Hawkes Bay is a region of contrasts with a diverse range of things to see and do. A selection of the many attractions on offer include:
- It is one of the country's main winemaking regions and is a leading producer in New Zealand of award wining wines. There are approximately 30 wineries in the region. Many vineyards cater for visitors with wine tasting, vineyard tours and dining facilities.
- Te Mata Peak stands nearly 400 metres above sea level and is visited extensively by locals and tourists. With bushwalks, hang-gliding & paragliding, orienteering and rock-climbing as just a few of the attractions to the peak it is well worth a visit
- the largest and most accessible mainland gannet colony in the world at Cape Kidnappers.
- Splash planet, a unique water theme park built amongst beautiful surroundings with entertainment aimed at the whole family
- Play golf at one of more than 20 local courses
- Visit golden sand beaches only a short drive away
- The area has a vibrant art scene - visit local artisans in their studios by joining in an art trail, or visit some of the local art galleries.
- For food lovers wanting to taste all things fresh follow the popular Wine Country Food trail which takes in many gourmet delights.